Everyone deserves a symphony.
CutTime® cooks ’em up HOT & FRESH.
Powerful symphony concerts take place in controlled settings for middle-to-highbrow audiences. But what about everyone else? Where are the casual and introductory experiences (low-to-middlebrow) for the rest of us?
CutTime answers the call with new classical that pops up across the country and slips the magical adventures of symphonic music boldly into restaurants, clubs, cafes, homes, churches, schools, festivals and corporate events.
Started by former-Detroit Symphony Orchestra bassist Rick Robinson, CutTime’s two flagship ensembles, CutTime Players® and CutTime Simfonica®, reset the symphony for a fun-loving public as well as classical fans. CutTime fans the passion for classical music’s greatest hits like an MC, with dramatic performances, game-changing metaphors, audience games, funky-romantic new music and rotating musicians to make sense of what is for most Americans a mystery.
It’s time to fulfill the promise of the public domain. It’s time to cut classical music loose!
Robinson has been an innovative force in bringing chamber ensembles into nontraditional venues and classrooms, mixing it up with a variety of creative repertoire and generally proving that classical music belongs not on the fringes of contemporary culture but at the heart of everyday life.
– Mark Stryker, Detroit Free Press Music Critic
Robinson is bringing classical music to the masses— which may be one of the most challenging jobs in all of music.
– Amy Haimerl, Crain’s Detroit Business
From the menu you can…
- Discover why classical music is overdue for this revolution.
- See rich symphonic music nailed by a small band.
- Hear new, tonal compositions that blend familiar urban pop grooves with dramatic development.
- Support this new, hosted tradition of classical music that centers on the audience.