Everyone deserves a symphony.
CutTime® bakes ’em up short & sweet.
Let’s face it. America is a lot more casual, even funner than it ever was. And yet if you wanted to simply try the magic of a classical symphony, you’d have to dress up, pay up, shut up and sit still in a large, meditative concert hall. Now there’s CutTime, popping up across the country, turning symphonic music into fun and profound events in restaurants, clubs, homes, churches, schools, offices, streets, concert halls… anywhere.
Led by former Detroit Symphony Orchestra bassist Rick Robinson, CutTime gets smart with classical music to share the magic of hot symphonic hits, funky-romantic new music, game-changing metaphors and methods to make sense of an ancient tradition for the broadest public. Some will then become hungry for that tradition. It’s long past time to cut loose with classical music!
Robinson has been an innovative force in bringing chamber ensembles into nontraditional venues and classrooms, mixing it up with a variety of creative repertoire and generally proving that classical music belongs not on the fringes of contemporary culture but at the heart of everyday life.
– Mark Stryker, Detroit Free Press Music Critic
Robinson is bringing classical music to the masses— which may be one of the most challenging jobs in all of music.
– Amy Haimerl, Crain’s Detroit Business
- Read about this radical new approach to Americanize the European tradition.
- Listen to symphonic music played as chamber music.
- Hear emotional new compositions that blend urban pop with classical styles.
- Support a new future for classical music that complements the past tradition.