By sharing lessons, music and engagement methods, inc. games, CutTime is planting seeds for practical and positive innovations in both the classical and pop music industries. We show students the basic and value-added structures available to facilitate meaningful exchanges between fine arts institutions and “the real world”. Embracing the paradox of all things, CutTime works both inside and outside the box to reset the context of classical music and set positive standards for a whole community.
Potential for sustainability – I feel the opportunities this group and ensemble [CutTime Players] presents for the student body, social atmosphere of the performances, flexibility of performance venues and enjoyment of the repertoire should provide a sustainable performance medium for students of any collegiate grade level as well as any professional ensembles that stem from this organization. – Joseph Swift, MM Bassoon, U of M
CutTime is the only artistic enterprise in the world dedicated to presenting mainly symphonic music with 4-8 musicians. To that end CutTime offers the same Menu of Services and catalog to music schools as to orchestras.
To learning institutions we add the following:
- Workshops on casual hosting, neo-romantic composing, and transcribing
- Lectures and discussions to embrace a progressive future for classical music
- Lectures and discussions in paradigms and methods for effective relevance-making
- Lectures and discussions on methods for audience participation with classical
- Workshop in Finale® software shortcuts and self-publishing standards
- Read what Detroit Free Press Music Critic Mark Stryker wrote about CutTime.
- Read more of our Purpose.
- Contact CutTime today for more information.