Q. What is CutTime®?
A. CutTime is the artistic enterprise CutTime Productions, LLC, started in 1993 and incorporated in 2010, whose services, besides traditional concerts, extend classical and esp. symphonic music to pop culture settings to attract diverse audiences nationally. CutTime works both commercially, in partnership with concert presenters and orchestras, and as a social mission to share musical insight as effectively as possible. Events and concerts take place in bars, coffeehouses, restaurants, offices and homes, as well as churches, schools and concert halls. CutTime currently has two touring ensembles, a popular club classical series, and a publishing catalog of 80 exclusive titles.
An umbrella corporation, CutTime Productions, LLC manages these entities:
- CutTime Players®, mixed octet of flute, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, trombone, percussion, violin and bass featuring transcriptions of famous symphonic repertoire
- CutTime Simfonica®, flexible string quartet or sextet with optional percussion and/or woodwind soloist featuring new compositions and more transcriptions
- Mr. CutTime, CutTime Artistic Director, founder, bassist, arranger, composer and conductor Rick Robinson, a veteran of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra 1989-2012
- CutTime Players Publishing, sheet music division registered with ASCAP
- Classical Revolution Detroit, amplified event series of lively chamber music and classical open jams in bars, coffeehouses and restaurants; club classical incubator
Since August of 2014 the overall CutTime Project has been fiscally sponsored by Fractured Atlas of New York, a non-profit arts service organization.
Hi-res photo 1 of Rick Robinson (playing bass)
Hi-res photo 2 of Rick Robinson (headshot)
Hi-res photo 3 of Rick Robinson (writing music)
Med-res photo 4 of Rick Robinson (Detroit skyline)
Med-res photo of Classical Revolution Detroit club event